“Our mission is to promote the cultural, social, spiritual and educational
values of Sanatan Dharm in our multicultural diverse society.
The Australian Hindu Multicultural Association (AHMA) was founded in 1993
with the aim of promoting social, cultural, spiritual and educational activities
for the benefit of the community.
AHMA is a member of the Hindu Council of Australia.
Please see the flyer below for 2021 calendar events
AHMA 2021 calendar events
AHMA will be celebrating Maha Shivratri from Tuesday 9 March to Thursday 11 March 2021 at the Cultural Centre (Sanatan Mandir) at 1050 Richmond Road, Marsden Park 2765. Please see the flyer below for further details.
Maha Shivratri 2021 Flyer
The Association aims:
- To propagate Sanatan culture and Sanatan religious scriptures.
- To encourage observance and celebration of Hindu Festivals.
- To promote cultural, social and educational welfare of Hindus.
- To establish cultural institutions where cultural and religious activities may be performed.
- Dissemination of information relating to culture and religion through publication of newspapers, magazines, books and periodicals.
- To maintain liaison with Government and other authorities on matters pertaining to language, culture and religion.
- To raise funds for use by the Association through appropriate activities and to help the needy and destitute in the event of destruction, tragedy, national emergencies, etc.
- To promote sports, Indian music, cultural and educational functions, mediation and other relevant activities.
- Provide counselling services to:
- People with drug related problems
- People with marital problems
- Victims of child abuse
- People seeking assistance in areas where the Association could be of help to them.
- Youth support and development.
- Provide assistance to newly arrived migrants