“Our mission is to promote the cultural, social, spiritual and educational
values of Sanatan Dharm in our multicultural diverse society.
The Australian Hindu Multicultural Association (AHMA) was founded in 1993
with the aim of promoting social, cultural, spiritual and educational activities
for the benefit of the community.
AHMA is a member of the Hindu Council of Australia.
The link below provides a list of festivals that AHMA will be
celebrating at the Cultural Centre during 2018.
AHMA Festival Celebrations 2018
AHMA in conjunction with Shree Sanatan Dharam Brahaman Prohit Maha Sabha of Australia will be conducting Indra Puja Maha Yag on 23 September 2018 from 9.30 am to 12.00 noon at Sanatan Cultural Centre (1050 Richmond Rd Marsden Park). Please see flyer below:
Indra Puja 2018
AHMA will be celebrating Nav Ratri from Wednesday 10 October to Thursday 18 October 2018 at the Cultural Centre (1050 Richmond Rd Marsden Park). Pooja starts at 7pm daily.
The Association aims:
- To propagate Sanatan culture and Sanatan religious scriptures.
- To encourage observance and celebration of Hindu Festivals.
- To promote cultural, social and educational welfare of Hindus.
- To establish cultural institutions where cultural and religious activities may be performed.
- Dissemination of information relating to culture and religion through publication of newspapers, magazines, books and periodicals.
- To maintain liaison with Government and other authorities on matters pertaining to language, culture and religion.
- To raise funds for use by the Association through appropriate activities and to help the needy and destitute in the event of destruction, tragedy, national emergencies, etc.
- To promote sports, Indian music, cultural and educational functions, mediation and other relevant activities.
- Provide counselling services to:
- People with drug related problems
- People with marital problems
- Victims of child abuse
- People seeking assistance in areas where the Association could be of help to them.
- Youth support and development.
- Provide assistance to newly arrived migrants